Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Audio Books I Want to Listen To
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. I’m listening to Furiously Happy right now, well not right now right now, and it is freaking hilariously witty and fun. I want to hang out with Lawson while she narrates her books. And call her J Law deux.
- Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling. Her second volume of angst-ridden essays narrated by the author has been another darling of the critics.
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. Yes, there is a trend here. Strong, smart funny women narrating their own work is a plus in my audio book!
- The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr. The title and author speaks for themselves. Plus Karr narrates.
- Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen by Mary Morris. Because I totally fucked up the punctuation in #4. And Morris narrates.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. This book is great and I want to hear Liz remind me of her brilliance and mine.
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin. This is Baldwin’s early life in Harlem narrated by Jesse L. Martin
- Fortune Smiles: Stories by Adam Johnson. Johnson won the Pulitzer Prize for The Orphan Master’s Son, this volume of stories is already being hailed by critics.
- H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald. This was on many of the best of 2015 lists and is narrated by the author.
- Updike by Adam Begley. Twenty hours of biography is perfect for a car ride vacation. There and back. Twenty hours of NOT listening to, “Mom, he’s bugging me!”