1. What is the name you prefer to use?
2. How long have you been a book blogger?
3. Have you participated in ABEA before?
1. Do you have a favorite book? If you cannot choose a favorite book of all time, pick your favorite book today – just this second. Remember that favorites are allowed to change if something affects you deeply enough.
The World According to Garp by John Irving is one of my favorite books. I read it every five to ten years and it offers something for each stage of my life. I purchased a first edition when I was at a book shop in Chicago about ten years ago.
2. What is your favorite genre and why?
Probably a toss up between mystery/thriller and literary fiction. Mystery/thriller because I love figuring out a whodunit or a whydunit and literary fiction because I love getting lost in a good story where the prose just slays me.
6. How do you arrange your bookshelves? Is there a rhyme or reason? Or not at all? (#ABEAShelfie)
By genre, and then by author or subject. That’s in fantasyland. We moved six months ago and I still have books in boxes!
7. What book are you most excited for on your TBR? What are you most intimidated by?
I am totally excited about Commonwealth by Ann Patchett. I am most intimidated by Proust’ s Remembrance of Things Past for the sheer size and sentence length. I have started it a couple of times.